The focuses on textile industrial organization structure and management principles; their role in overall textile enterprise business strategy; logistic operations and relationships within the textile industrial organization
.(about 2000 clothing company in Tunisia)
This in-depth training program addresses the manufacturing and operations management processes and the ways they are practised in the broader perspective of textile industrial organization. The main focus is on the integration of the following aspects into the textile industrial enterprise business strategies and operations: raw materials sourcing, purchasing and stock levels, production, quality control/quality assurance, distribution/logistics, human recourses management, function of sales and marketing, role of design, research and product development.
This innovative training program builds students’ knowledge and practical skills in these areas to enable them to address numerous management issues and tasks in the workplace within textile industrial enterprise. . Delivered by a teaching team with a wide range of experience both in industry and academia.
The programme prepares students for a wide variety of career options such as merchandising, product development, technical design, sourcing, buying, e-retailing or retail operations. The course curriculum emphasises global supply chain, sustainability, creativity, innovations and technology. Through course work, field study experiences, internships, seminars and industry-interface, students explore, observe, and broaden their imagination to think out of the box.
The training program in commercial Management develops essential skills in areas such as project management, sustainable design strategies, supply chain development and innovation management. A critical understanding of the global impact of fashion design provides the necessary skills and knowledge needed to enter a career in fashion design management.
Internships and capstone classes provide additional firsthand experience and networking opportunities. Working individually and in teams, students will study fashion marketing, product development, planning, and fashion management. They’ll master the skills needed in global retail operations and management, and learn how to combine their sense of style with business acumen. The program focuses on the entire process of apparel making from design to sourcing to packaging. Here the fabric of knowledge is often combined with design, production and merchandising.
Students are taught by leading academics in their field and professionals who combine design awareness, technology and fashion with marketing and management skills.
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
Students will become –
- able to understand and apply basic management principles;
• understand and critically assess the environment, social and ethical responsibilities of management within textile industrial organisations;
• able to understand and critically assess – planning function, strategic planning, the organizing function, organization design, the controlling function, human resource management within textile industrial organisation.
Purpose of the Co-constructed Course
The Co-constructed Method and Productivity License is is an in-depth training program where the emphasis is on collaborative, or partnership working between the textile companies/factories and the higher education institution through a partnership agreement .This is a key element in improving employability and students’integration into the labour market.
The training concerns students who have successfully completed their second year of the specialty: Fashion accessories design, Textile Design and Clothing Design
The partnership actions also cover the following points:
- Creation and evaluation of the license .
- Participation in lessons and practical work in companies
- Participation in the end-of-study project examination boards
- Reception , Co-supervision and mentoring of the trainees in their end-of-study projects.
- Enhacing and promoting students’vocational integration.
To achieve these objectives, the company commits to:
- Participate in the development of the study plan of this co-constructed license.
- Participate in the lessons set by the study plan (especially on-site practicum)
- Welcome trainees to its premises
- Provide materials and necessary products for the smooth running of the practical work.
- Ensure the transfer of students for the realization of the practical work.
- Participate in the mentoring of the students’ end-of-study projects.
- Participate in the evaluation panel.
The Higher education institution is committed to:
- Provide theoretical training (See Study Plan)
- Apply the study plan of this license jointly prepared with the manufacturers,
- Follow-up trainees (distribution, workbook, etc.)
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation frameworks of the students’ end-of-study projects.
- Ensure the students’ end-of-study exams and evaluation panels.
Both parties will be involved in facilitating the employment and professional integration of university graduates.
A follow-up committee, the composition of which will be validated by both parties, will ensure that the planned actions are properly implemented.
It will meet at least once a year to assess the achievements of the partnership, to review the operations of the current year, and to prepare a work plan for the coming year.
Master degree in Textile and Fashion Management (see study plan) which aims to train high-level students to enable them to be operational in the specific sector of fashion and in the management functions of the various services ( marketing, distribution, purchasing, sourcing …) This sector requires advanced knowledge in the areas of sales, marketing, purchasing, production, logistics, and specific knowledge of textile materials, cutting ,packaging and product design, as well as the history of fashion products.